Mercuryo widget makes it possible to convert crypto to fiat and send it to your MasterCard bank card in just 5 minutes. (sell to VISA bank card is currently not working) These simple steps will help you understand how it works.
1. Fill out the required fields:
- choose the fiat currency for receiving the payment to your card (USD/EUR/RUB),
- choose the cryptocurrency you want to sell (BTC/ETH/TRC and etc),
- enter the amount you want to spend,
You need to agree with the Terms of Service and click Sell.
Note: Mercuryo does not include any hidden or extra fees. You already see the final amount of crypto to be deposited on your blockchain address and the fiat amount to be charged from your bank card by Mercuryo. The handling fee is also included in the final price.
2. Select your region and type your phone number. Put in the verification code received on the phone. It might take some time till local mobile operators deliver you the code. You can resend the new code in 20 seconds.
3. Input your email and click Send code. Then you need to insert the code received in your email to confirm it. Please check thoroughly your Inbox, sometimes the e-mail containing confirmation code might be in the SPAM folder.
4. Insert personal info, — first name, last name and date of birth — as written in your identification document and click Send.
5. Fill in the card info — card number, expiry date, cardholder name with capital letters and click Sell.
Mercuryo accepts ONLY Visa and MasterCard: virtual, debit and credit cards. Mercuryo holds and immediately unholds 1 EUR to check if your bank card is valid.
6. Input the refund address. In this step, it's necessary to input the refund address, so Mercuryo can send back the crypto back to you if something goes wrong.
7. Once you indicate the refund address you need to choose one of the two options:
a) In the range of 5%
Majority of cryptocurrencies (except stablecoins) are extremely volatile and while you send crypto to Mercuryo blockchain address, the market price of the asset might change drastically. Mercuryo offers an option to get your crypto back if the rate has changed by more than 5%.
b) Unconditional payout
In this case Mercuryo will send fiat to your MasterCard/Visa bank card regardless of the rate fluctuations.
As soon as you select the desired option, you'll see Mercuryo blockchain address in orange color and a corresponding QR code so you can send the crypto.
Note 1: Mercuryo widget does not support receiving ETH through smart contracts.
Note 2: Sending unsupported cryptocurrencies via Mercuryo widget will result with their permanent loss.
8. Pass KYC
You need to select your country and depending on the country of citizenship you need to send a picture and a selfie with one of the following types of government-issued identification documents:
- national ID card (both sides),
- driving license
If you're not able to pass verification for some reason (invalid identification documents, poor quality pictures) - Mercuryo will send back crypto to the refund address.
9. Transaction completed
As soon as you send crypto to the indicated address, your order is being processed. Estimated time depends on blockchain network activity and issuer bank terms and conditions. When Mercuryo receives crypto and sends fiat to your bank card, transaction status is completed and you receive an email with all the details of the transaction, including the amount of fiat paid, the amount of crypto sent, Mercuryo ID of the transaction, refund address.