How well is Mercuryo wallet protected?
We protect your wallet with 2FA using your phone number, email and password.
How can I sign in to my Mercuryo web wallet?
There are 3 options to sign in to your Mercuryo wallet:
- Email code + password
- SMS code + password
- Email code + SMS code
Option 1: You need to select Sign in with password option, insert your email and password. If both of them are correct, you will receive a confirmation code to your email, enter it, and you are granted access to your wallet.
Option 2: You need to select Sign in with password option, insert your phone number in international format and password. If both of them are correct, you will receive a confirmation code to your phone, enter it, and you are granted access to your wallet.
Option 3: This option works great if you don't remember or forgot your password. You need to do the following
- Insert your email,
- Receive and enter the confirmation code from your email,
- Receive and enter the SMS code from your phone,
- You are granted access to your wallet.
What if I lose my SIM card? Doesn't it mean I will lose my funds too due to 2FA?
In the majority of countries SIM cards are attached to your identity document nowadays, so you can restore your original telephone number at any office of your mobile operator. DO NOT open a second account, if you have already created and verified one. Nevertheless, if there is no way to restore your old number, we will replace your old number with a new one, so you will still be able to restore access to your funds. To do that, you need to contact our customer support team by opening the chat window at the bottom right corner or write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I do if I don't receive the confirmation email?
Please try these two steps:
- Check your spam folder for the email with the verification code
- Whitelist the email address email@example.com and try again
If you’ve tried both of these steps and you still haven’t received the verification email, please contact Mercury support.
How does Mercuryo keep my information safe?
What is 3DS?
3D secure is an XML-based protocol designed to be an additional security layer for online payment card transactions initiated by banks and card issuing companies.
- Mercuryo does never send any letters asking to donate or transfer funds
- The official mailout comes only from the official domain Mercuryo.io - firstname.lastname@example.org
The security recommendations below maximize your chances of securing your account and personal data.
- If you have noticed suspicious activity, please, contact our customer support by leaving a message in our live chat at the bottom right corner or write an email at email@example.com
- Never enter your account from an undetermined device
- Never continue to the website following unverified link
- Make sure to receive first-hand information about the Mercuryo platform through the official channels: Telegram, Facebook, Twitter.